Monday, April 25, 2011

A long, but rewarding week

Last week seemed endless. I'll start with the weekend first.

Friday night I had to work for a few hours so Desi went and hung out with the Sanchez/Munger family. He behaved beautifully and was sound asleep when I picked him up around 10. We got home and he woke up, so it was after midnight before I got in bed. Saturday morning we were out the door at 7:00 a.m. to drop him off with Shandale while I went to work covering Riverfest and the inauguration of the new Alcorn State University president. That was a 11 hour work day:( Sunday, Regina watched over Desi while I shot two different assignments. I don't know what I would do without all of my wonderful friends!

On Wednesday Desmond saw the ENT and plastic surgeons at UMC and then we went to visit Heather as she had had gallbladder surgery on Tuesday.

When I went to pick up Desmond from daycare on Thursday one of the teachers stopped me in the hallway and says, "You didn't tell me Fluffy could crawl!!" Apparently, they had had an Easter party and Desi had started crawling across the floor trying to get to the other kids' candy.

Mom got in town that night and we all went out to dinner. Desi stayed home with her on Friday and got in some much needed Nana time while I went to work.

Saturday morning we had breakfast with Lauchlin and Olivia before heading to Brandon to spend our Easter with The Carter/Rumfelt family.

We died eggs, ate lots of sweets and had a couple of delicious meals before heading home Sunday night to start the week all over.



I need a vacation!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment