Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On the Move

Desmond is taking big strides in becoming a big kid. Not only does he sit at the table to eat at daycare and join in activities like singing and arts and crafts, but now he is truly mobile! Last Sunday we stopped by Sophie and Alex's house to drop off some food for their freezer in preparation of the arrival of their baby. Alex's mother, Lupe, was there and asked if Desmond was walking yet. I told her not yet, but soon. Not even one minute later Alex stood Desmond up and he walked a good three or four feet to Sophie. I had no idea it would be that soon! We all screamed and clapped and made him do it over and over again. He liked the attention for sure.

In other not so good news, I got a letter today from MS Medicaid. We had our reevaluation last month to see if he was still eligible and unfortunately he is not. I guess the child support I started receiving last February pushed us over the limit. He is, however, eligible for MS CHIP insurance. I called the New Orleans Children's Hospital to make sure we were still covered and Mary Ellen said she would run it by the business office and see. I also talked to someone at CHIP and she said if they aren't they just have to call and obtain prior authorization before the surgery. It doesn't sound like it should be that complicated, but it still scares me.

When I woke up this morning there was a reminder on my phone that we were supposed to be checking into UMC in ten minutes. I guess I forgot to delete the original surgery date from the calendar on my phone. It's been on the back of my mind all day nagging me. Then I go home to find this letter in the mail. I'm trying not to worry too much, but i don't know what we'll do if CHIP won't cover the surgery. I just have to tell myself that something will come through.

1 comment:

  1. I believe! Don't lose faith mama! He will have the surgery when he is supposed to have the surgery and I will continue to believe for that! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete